My All-time Favorite Movies (#40-31)

Mar 23, 2013
Well, I am back to give you the second edition of a five part list and that is "My All-time Favorite Movies". If you haven't read my first post click here. I repeat, this is my all-time favorites, some of you might disagree with the list I am making, but hey it's my own list. MY OWN LIST! So without further ado, let's begin with number 40.

40) Drive 
A very artsy action drama. Drive doesn't only provides terrific soundtrack or stunning cinematography, it features Ryan Gosling's best performance in a film yet. This film is so tempting and addictive to watch turns out I place it as my number 1 film of 2011.

39) The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
TGWTDT is the only film I've seen that had a very long running time but still keeps you grabbing your armrest while watching it. The editing for this film is spot on, also the opening credits and Mara's performance was very awesome (sorry for the term I used, but the way I think it, suits for the description i'm thinking).

38) Skyfall
C'mon, you've gotta love it. It's Skyfall, the best Bond movie ever made.

37) The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne franchise is the best thing that happened to the action genre. There's no let down (Bourne Legacy is an exception because it wasn't needed to be part of this saga) between all the films nor the action scenes. Matt Damon proves that he wasn't much of a drama actor, he can be anything he wanted to be. So, he became Jason Bourne. Supremacy is my least favorite film of the trilogy but that doesn't mean I hated it, 'twas a great action film you could replay over and over again.

36) (500) Days of Summer
Probably the only romance movie on the entire list, (500) Days of Summer is romantic comedy and drama at best. It is one of the most artsy, dark and realistic film I never regret to love.

35) The Sound of Music
The Sound of Music is a childhood favorite of mine. I remember watching this with my Grandpa over and over again. The songs used are very iconic and catchy. The landmark and scope of the film was so far beautiful and incredible as it is.

34) No Country For Old Men
Javier Bardem is amazing in No Country For Old Men. A terrific film and an instant classic. The Coen Brothers got a thing for making great westerns, and this film turns out their best one yet.

33) The Big Lebowski
Only three words to describe this one. Best. Comedy. Ever.

32) Star Trek
A big Trekkie here. Abram's Star Trek film was one of the best rehashes ever pulled out on a franchise this big. This movie had the best action sequences ever put on film and Simon Pegg, laugh my ass off during the film. Can't wait for Star Trek Into Darkness though!

31) The Shawshank Redemption
The best film to tackle the subject of hope, faith and friendship. Shawshank Redemption is a beautiful craft of filmmaking and Deakins' cinematography in this film was a visual feast.

Well, i'm stopping right here. I will be back a few days later for the third part of this list, and just a little teaser    for you guys for the films coming out in the next set of list. It had Beethoven, Copernicus and Rachel. See you soon! May the force be with you always!!!!


Geek out by following The Film Geek Guy:
Facebook: The FILM GEEK GUY
Twitter: @matthew_escosia
Instagram: matthewescosia

Comments

Related Posts

{{posts[0].title}}

{{posts[0].date}} {{posts[0].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}

{{posts[1].title}}

{{posts[1].date}} {{posts[1].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}

{{posts[2].title}}

{{posts[2].date}} {{posts[2].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}

{{posts[3].title}}

{{posts[3].date}} {{posts[3].commentsNum}} {{messages_comments}}